Want to use Outwrite to edit Microsoft Word documents? Here's everything you need to know about our add-in.
You can install Outwrite directly from the Microsoft Add-ins store, or by following these instructions:
- Once you've opened Microsoft Word, click the 'Insert' tab on the menu bar, followed by 'Add-ins'.
- Search for 'Outwrite' in the Office Add-ins store then click 'Add'.
- The Outwrite add-in will be added to the 'Home' tab. Click 'Open Outwrite'.
Once you've installed the add-in, you'll be taken through a short tour. You'll then be prompted to create an Outwrite account or sign in. Note: you can use the Outwrite add-in without creating an account, but you won't be able to do things like add words to your dictionary.
How it works:
The Outwrite add-in has four tabs:
- Corrections. This is where you'll find spelling, grammar, style, and structure suggestions. Click on a suggestion to expand it, then click on one of the options to apply it to your document. If you don't like a suggestion, dismiss or flag it.
- Rewrite. Open this tab to use Outwrite's paraphrasing tool. Select a sentence, then a goal to rewrite it. Note: this feature is only available to Pro users.
- Thesaurus. This is where you can access synonym suggestions. Select any word in your document, then Outwrite will generate a list of alternatives.
- Statistics. You'll find stats like word count and readability here.
You'll notice a settings cog in the top right-hand corner of the Outwrite add-in. This is where you can change your proofreading language, access your account settings, and sign out.
Versions of Word we support:
- Word 2016 or later on Windows
- Word on Mac (Microsoft 365)
- Word on Windows (Microsoft 365)
- Word on the web
If you have any questions or feedback, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our new tutorial video: