How to correct your writing
Once your document is imported, you should see the Outwrite Editor together with all the colorful suggestions ready to improve your writing. The Outwrite Editor consists of the following elements:
1. Your document together with all the available Outwrite suggestions.
2. The title of your document.
3. Each suggestion gives you the best replacement. You can also choose to ignore the suggestion, or click on the flag, and indicate if the suggestion is inappropriate, incorrect or irrelevant.
4. The setting menu with the access to review all your changes, change to Dark mode or see the tour.
5. The 5 types of suggestions available in Outwrite. You can turn each category on/off here, or click the numbers to jump to the next available suggestion of that type:
- The Spelling Engine searches for words that are not in the currently selected English dictionary.
- The Grammar Engine looks for grammatically incorrect phrases.
- The Style Engine is a unique and powerful feature. Combined with the Structure engine, it uses advanced Artificial Intelligence to improve the eloquence of your writing style.
- The Structure Engine works on improving the balance of your sentences.
6. Set the goal to increase or decrease your word count, adapt your tone or improve your writing using our targeted rephrasing technology.
7. Whenever you interact with a suggestion, the editor automatically jumps to the next suggestion for you. If you do not want this behaviour, click the small settings cog to turn 'Auto Advance' off.
8. Use the Plagiarism button to check the originality of the document (see the next section).
9. Useful statistics on your document and writing style.
10. Choose your language from the drop down menu between Spanish, French and all our different versions of English.
Handy tip: c licking on the suggestion numbers in the side menu will jump the editor to the next available suggestion of that type.
Watch our quick video to review all the Web app elements!