How to correct your writing
Once your document is imported, you should see the Outwrite Editor together with all the colorful suggestions ready to improve your writing. The Outwrite Editor consists of the following elements:
1. Your document together with all the available Outwrite suggestions.
2. The title of your document.
3. Each suggestion gives you a brief explanation followed by a list of available replacements. You can also choose to ignore the suggestion or add it to your dictionary.
4. A language drop-down menu to choose the version of English you would like to use.
5. The 4 types of suggestions available in Outwrite. You can turn each category on/off here or click the numbers to jump to the next available suggestion of that type:
- The Spelling Engine searches for words that are not in the currently selected English dictionary.
- The Grammar Engine looks for grammatically incorrect phrases.
- The Eloquence Engine is a unique and powerful feature. It uses advanced Artificial Intelligence to improve the eloquence of your writing style. The suggested changes include both stylistic and structural modifications.
- The Experimental Engine contains the latest AI-powered features. These suggestions are still being refined, but are often very powerful.
6. Set the goal to increase or decrease your word count using our targeted rephrasing technology.
7. Whenever you interact with a suggestion, the editor will automatically jump to the next suggestion for you. If you do not want this behavior, click the small settings cog to turn 'Auto Advance' off.
8. Use the Plagiarism button to check the originality of the document (see the next section).
9. Useful statistics on your document and writing style.
Handy Tip: Clicking on the suggestion numbers in the side menu will jump the editor to the next available suggestion of that type.